1748 Tax Lists, Perquimans County, North Carolina
Scanned from original copies of the archival documents by Harold Colson in August 2001.
Source: North Carolina State Archives, Perquimans County,
Tax Records, Taxables, 1746-1749
These are separate lists from district constables; complete county coverage
may be lacking. Some lists name apprentices, boarders, and relatives
present in household.
- Perqus. County: Tho: Weekes's List of Taxables for the year 1748 / Test.
Tho: Weekes, J.P. / 8br: 17th 1748
- 41 names, with additional details about children, household members,
- A list of tithables / True list taken by John Stepney 1748
- 29 names:
- Perqms. County: A List of Tythables given in on Oath to me one of his
Majesties Justices for Sd. County, in the year 1748 / [signed] Jno. Stevenson
- 14 names, with additional details about children, household members,
- October the 17th day 1748 / This is to sartyfie the worshipfull Corte that
this is a true List of all the mastors and mistres of fameuelys in my Districk /
pr me Elias Stallings Constable
- 62 names:
- 1748 October the 1st / A List of Taxables Given in as the law Derects, for
the Year Seventeen hundred fourty eight / [on reverse] The above List of Taxables
was Taken by me [signed] Jo. Sutton
- 42 names, with additional details about children, household members, and